Friday, August 1, 2008

Mike and Debi Update

It's been quite a while since you've heard from the McGinness family, and I wanted to just give you all a quick update.



We went to Mary Jane and Matthew's for the Fourth. We had the best time. The Roser's were there along with Ryan's brother's family who was visiting, nieces, nephews, friends….. We had a potluck, with MJ and Matthew providing the burgers and dogs. Michael and Chad took over the grilling, and seemed to have a great time. For once, we remembered the camera and I took a bunch of pictures, so thought we'd share them with you.



Sarah Sam filling water balloons



Mike & (I believe) Ryan's brother & Chad filling more water balloons





At the park






Sam

Aurora (can't believe how big she is)

Our hosts!


Matthews toy! - Took him 2 years to restore.

Good food, good friends and family - Kris and Jeff showed up in time for the fireworks at the end of the day.


The Hill's have a great view too.


I stood out on the balcony watching little flashes of light going off all over Camas & Vancouver. I think this will become our traditional fourth of July from now on.





Lastly, I can't resist letting everyone see how much our girls Sasha and Rose have grown. Sasha is already 9 lbs and Rosie is about 6 1/2 lbs. It's been such a joy to watch them play together, explore, and just relax. Rosie is laying in front of my monitor on top of the papers and whatever's there as I type this.



Michael's been working a lot of long days at the Kafe. It's going pretty well. Of course, there's still a lot to do. Maybe one day I can get him to do his own update to the newsletter and tell you all about it. At least we are taking our week to go to the kite festival in about 3 weeks. It'll be nice to get away. We just have to figure out what to do about the girls while we're gone.


All in all, we are doing well. We have a lot to be thankful for. We hope to hear more from the each of you. Know that we think of you all often and love you all very much.


Love, Mike & Debi


2 comments:

Sariah said...

Awww, those kitties are so cute! I wish we could watch them for you! My friend just got a siamese kitty and her hubby might not let her keep it and I wish, wish, WISH we could have her! Darn allergies. :(

What are the dates you'll be gone? If we're here, I can go over to feed them everyday and clean their box. We'll be out of town from the 11th - 16th though. Let me know!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.