Monday, January 28, 2008

You are invited...

To Acadia's very first piano recital! 

Date: Saturay, January 26, 2008
Time: 11:00 am

What?  That's past?  Oh, well then let me take you back in time to the moment when Acadia made her musical debut.  Keep arms and legs inside until we've come to a full and complete stop (and make sure the sound on your computer is on!)...

We are very proud of her!  She was bummed that she made a couple of mistakes but I told her that every single person made some mistakes and what is important is that she kept going!  I thought she did a great job!

(Incidentally, at the very beginning she is introducing the pieces she is about to play.  The camcorder didn't do a very good job picking that up.)

After all of the performers played their pieces, their teacher presented the prize to the student(s) who had the most stickers.  (Each week that a student does all of their practicing and completes the theory work and any other assignments she has given them, they get a sticker.  She keeps track and the student with the most, wins.)  There was a tie and Acadia was one of the winners!  The winners get little mini busts of music composers and there are several different ones, so as they continue to win, they will add more to their collection.  Acadia got Haydn today and it is already proudly displayed on her desk in her bedroom.

Acadia and Haydn

Cadi and her piano teacher... and Haydn

After the recital, which fortunately Ryan was able to take a long lunch for to attend, we took her out to lunch and let her choose the location.  She chose "Boffin' Bo's", otherwise known as Boppin' Bo's. ;)  It was yummy and I was really good, just ordering a cup of soup and a dinner salad... oh, and a milkshake - but I didn't get a huge sundae and a greasy sandwich and fries like I normally would! lol  Ryan had to rush back off to work so he left while the girls and I paid.  When we got to the car to come home, there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers on Cadi's seat with a note from her Daddy. :)  I hope to get a picture of Ryan and Acadia with the flowers, but for now, this will have to do.

Cadi, her flowers from Dad... and Haydn

I am really so proud of Acadia!  She is doing so well with the piano, she really seems to have a natural talent for it and I'm so glad that she enjoys it so much and WANTS to play.  I was also very proud of how she handled performing today!  She wasn't really very nervous, a little, but not super.  I think I would have been far more nervous than she seemed to be!  I'm glad that she is getting this experience and I hope that as she continues down this path that she will also continue to perform and share her talents with others.

No comments: