Sunday, April 15, 2007

Happy Birthday,Mike!

To most of the world April 15 is Income Tax Day, but we know it is more importantly Michael's birthday.

How many of you remember that when he was little, the family called him Pinky Butch? Much of his childhood, he was called Pinky. Why not Butch? oh, well, I am kind of glad, because had they called him Butch as a child, he might still be Butch. Who would dare call him Pinky now?

When we were very little, Mike was probably my best buddy. Even as teens, I remember long bike rides through the Oregon countryside, just the two of us.

A few favorite memories about Mike -young Mike at the sewing maching putting his Scout patches on his uniform. The sound of Mike's laughter. Mike and Debi showing up at reunions with delicious treats. Mike quietly helping a sibling who is having difficulties, but not telling anyone else.

Mike is a good guy, strong and kind. I am glad he is my brother.

Happy Birthday, Mike!

No comments: